Tuesday, May 22, 2012

meditation

         My eyes are closed
                                 
                                           I turn my gaze inward
           
                    I see...darkness

  My leg starts to itch                
                                    I shift my weight

I hear a car passing by
       
          I peak out the window
   
                                                                        Its no one

I close my eyes again
 
                                            Gaze inward...again

           "What am I doing?"

                          "No...be quiet"

"What time is it?"

                                   "What am I going to teach today?"

                                                                   another car...I open my eyes, but I don't look

                      I close my eyes

                                                       Silence        
Silence  
                                       Silence

Darkness welcomes me, envelopes  me

                            Silence
                                                                           Silence
                                                   Silence
 
                                                                         The world begins to open up...trees...gardens

                                        Silence
                                                                                                    Silence
                                                                         Silence

                 Relax into some soft warm grass

Warm Sun on my skin
                                           
                                                             My apartment has vanished into another space

                               another time

                                                           Silence
        Silence
                                       Silence

                     I reach deeper

Woods appear the sweet smell of moss and damp forest surround me

                                                                     Silence
                                                                                                Silence
                                                   Silence

          There my dear friend awaits me
                             
                                                                   Welcomes me and sits with me

                         Silence
                                                          My meditation
                                                Silence
               Is my prayer            
                                     
                                                                         Silence
                                             Is my healer

                                                                                         





No comments:

Post a Comment